Call us on 0845 465 1555 to chat through any queries or questions
If you need us to provide a quote for the build we won't charge you for a design, please click below for more info Design service
Before any design work is carried out it is important that you have a clear view of what you want to achieve.
With all types of design work, whether it be for clothes, buildings or gardens, the client always has a idea of what they want to accomplish. This idea may sometimes be quite vague; it is our job to clear the mist and try to bring their idea(s) to life.
There are a few essential things that you will want to think about before you either start designing your garden or getting someone else to do it:
- If you have children, it is important that they have a suitably sized area to play in.
- What themes would you like to follow? Mediterranean? Cottage? Japanese?
- How much time are you willing to spend maintaining your garden?
- Would you prefer pastoral or vivid plants?
- What is your budget?
- Do you want any specialised features such as water features and specimen plants?
- Do you want any garden lighting?
- How large do you want the seating area? (Such as 4–6 seater).
- What is your soil like? Do you need to change the composition of it?
- Do you have any drainage problems?
As you can see there is a lot to think about. You should ensure that you are open to ideas; for example, it often happens that a customer wants to hide certain areas of the garden, such as the area down the side of the house. Instead we can do the opposite and made a feature of it.
If you fancy having a go at designing your own garden, let us help! We have come up with a step by step instruction on garden design called 'The 7 Secrets to Successful Garden Design' which will guide you through each step.